My family loves Sesame Place and I have been taking my kids since they were little. From the water rides to the roller coaster, my little ones eat up every single inch of the park.
Recently, I met a mom or two from our local area who haven’t taken their kids to Sesame Place yet and was asked why I thought they should go. Yes, the rides are fun and yes your kids will love it! But I felt like I needed more clarification than just saying “Go there, already!” The answer to their question became this blog post you are reading now.
Consider this my Top Five List David Letterman-style. There will be more I’m sure as the summer rolls on.
1. There is always something new at Sesame and your kids will never get tired of going there. Every year there new shows, new additions to the menus, improvements, and additions. It never gets old.
2. Vapor Trail. You have to ride it to experience it, but it is the first ride when you walk into the park. Hands down my daughters favorite ride, and about as much of a roller coaster as this scaredy-cat mommy can take!
3. Sesame Place has fireworks displays for special events throughout the summer and they are included with your admission price. They are very kid-friendly and set to Sesame tunes. Last season Sesame had fireworks displays in honor and celebration of Memorial Day, the 4th of July, and Labor Day. Check their calendar for times and dates, or keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates as well!
4. You CAN navigate the park as the only adult in your group or if you have multiple young children. Both my husband and I have taken our kids to Sesame Place alone when the other one has been busy with work, not felt well, or had other obligations. Whether you are a single mom or your husband is at work the day you visit, Sesame is doable with just one adult in your party. I also know a few moms with three or four children that have done Sesame alone or with another mom and their kids.
5. The shows are included in your park admission ticket. And the shows are fabulous! Kids get up close and personal with Elmo and Grover, and you can also relax and take a break from riding rides while watching them dance and sing. There are also seasonal shows such as Elmo’s Furry Christmas which my kids and I adored!
If you’d like to learn more about Sesame you can visit their website, but also make sure to keep following my blog because I’ll be posting our fun Sesame adventures as the summer continues!